Know the 10 signs!!
Early detection for Alzheimer’s and other dementias is critical and should be done at least once a year for people older than 65 or younger if there is a family history of dementia. It is critical that families are aware of the signs for early diagnosis. So, here are the 10 signs for early detection:
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems.
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, work or leisure.
- Confusion with time or place
- Trouble understanding visual images or spatial relationships.
- New problem with words in speaking or writing.
- Misplacing things or losing the ability to retrace steps.
- Decrease or poor judgment.
- Withdraw from work or social activities.
- Change in mood or personality.
If you or one of your love ones have two or more of these symptoms go to your PCP and ask for a cognitive evaluation. At Southwest Center on Aging we specialize in memory loss disorders and we have team and protocol for early diagnosis and treatment. Hope it helps. Let’s celebrate aging!!